Who We Are
Founded in 1945, The Campagna Center has built a long tradition of community service. Today, The Center operates high-quality programs that support children in Alexandria by providing services that allow them to arrive at school ready to learn and ensure they are academically successful at each grade level.
These programs—which serve more than 1,700 children and their families daily—include:
- Alexandria Head Start (child development program serving low-income families)
- Early Head Start (community-based program for low-income families with infants and toddlers)
- Campagna Early Learning Center (full-day preschool program for all children)
- Afternoon Adventures (extended-day preschool program running from 3:00 pm until 6:00 pm)
- Campagna Kids (quality before- and after-school childcare and tutoring)
- Building Better Futures (tutoring and mentoring for Latino and non-Latino ESL students)
- New Neighbors (New Neighbors provides educational programs and related services to help immigrant and refugee families become self-sufficient and fully participating members of our community)
Click here to view our 2011 Annual Report!