Information for Families -- Family Resources
Listed below are resources for helping your child succeed in school.
Information for Families
Top Websites for Parents
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
- Department of Education
- National Institute of Mental Health
- State Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- US Consumer Product and Safety Commission
- Administration for Children and Families
- American Academy of Pediatrics
New Autism Screening Guidelines
- Just in Time Parenting (JITP) Internet Site
- Parent to Parent USA
- CHADD National Resources Center
- Zero to Three
- Red Cross
- NAEYC, the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Northern Virginia Regional Commission
- SCAN of Northern Virginia
211 VIRGINIA: 2-1-1 is an easy-to-remember phone number connecting people with free information on available community services. When you dial 2-1-1, a trained professional listens to your situations and suggests sources of help using one of the largest databases of health and human services in Virginia.
2-1-1 VIRGINIA provides access to services in your community and statewide. All referrals are confidential and you can search for these same services on the 2-1-1 VIRGINIA website.
Parent Involvement -- Get Involved!