We are committed to giving children and families the resources they need to thrive. Since 1945, our organization has served the Alexandria community with comprehensive programs that equip young children with crucial skills, place school-age children on a path to becoming productive adults, and support and empower families.
Over 1,700 children and families used our services last year, participating in five types of programs:
- Early Childhood: Early Head Start, Alexandria Head Start and Early Learning Center offer high-quality early childhood education and support to children from newborn to five years old
- Elementary Level: Campagna Kids is a before- and after-school program that focuses on small-group learning activities for kindergarteners through fifth graders
- Middle School: 21st Century Community Learning Center improves academic performance and builds life skills for students at Jefferson-Houston School
- High School: Building Better Futures provides at-risk students with the support and services they need to succeed in school and beyond
- Adults: New Neighbors is an ELL program that offers English classes and services to help immigrants become self-sufficient