The Building Better Futures (BBF) program is a partnership of The Campagna Center, Alexandria City Public Schools, and local businesses. We aim to establish a pro-learning environment, cultivate leadership qualities, strengthen academic skills, and remove obstacles students face during their high school journey and guide them on a path to post-secondary opportunities and success.
BBF will offer the following program activities for the 2019-2020 school year:
BBF After School Program Offerings at TC Williams High School:
- Tutoring: group and one-on-one tutoring sessions focused on core academic subjects; Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 3:20pm-5:00pm.
- Enrichment seminars - Seminars are focused on college and career readiness. Thursdays, 3:20pm-4:30pm.
- Career Exploration Externship (CEE) - an externship is a one week job shadowing opportunity that takes place over spring and summer breaks.
- Enrichment Activities - college visits, field trips, team building, mentoring, and community service activities.
- Parent workshops - these educational workshops are intended to equip parents with beneficial information to support their students throughout their academic journey.
It works: participants regularly achieve marked improvements in behavior, attitude, and academic performance. Students gain workforce preparation, 21st century skills, and an understanding of the college process and expectations.
Hours & Location
Building Better Futures takes place at T.C. Williams High School, at 3330 King Street, Alexandria, Virginia
Tuesdays and Wednesdays: Tutoring, 3:20 PM -5:00 PM, Library
Thursdays: Enrichment Seminars, 3:20 PM-4:30 PM, Library
The program serves students who meet one or more of the following criteria: have a "C" or below in Math, Science, English or History, recently immigrated to the United States, qualify for free/reduced lunch, and/or first in their family to attend a college or university in the United States.
Registration & Enrollment Overview
1. Proceed to the Registration Page.
2. Click on the “Register Here” registration link.
3. Create a username and password (if you are new to BBF). **Returning BBF students are registered users and will need to enter their username and password, at the bottom of the screen.**
4. After you create a username and password or enter your username and password, click on the registration that applies to you. For new students you will need to complete all sections of the on-line registration. **Returning students will need to update and verify their registration information.**
5. You can upload or submit in-person the ACPS Parent Consent to Release Information Form, BBF Parent Permission Form, and Photo Release Form. These forms can also be found in the "Forms" section of the online application.
6. Pay $20 registration fee (online or in-person); A modest participation fee of $20 is requested for the year to help pay for daily snacks, meals for special trips, field trips, and other program needs.
You will receive a confirmation email once the application is submitted.
*Students cannot participate in Building Better Futures until all steps are completed*