Thank you for your interest in the Building Better Futures (BBF) Program! As a dedicated after-school program, our goal is to remove obstacles students face during their high school journey and to guide them on a path to post-secondary opportunities and success.
BBF will offer students the following program activities for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Virtual 1:1 Tutoring – we offer 1:1 tutoring sessions throughout the week. Students can get high quality instructions on Math, Science, Social Studies, and English.
- Virtual Enrichment seminars – the seminars focus on college and career readiness, self-care, and relationship building. We meet virtually via Zoom on weekly basis.
- Externship opportunities* – an externship is a temporary job-shadowing program in a local workplace for one week during spring and summer breaks.
- Educational enhancement*- college visits, field trips, & community service.
- Periodic Parent workshops/Parent E-Newsletter – intended to equip parents with beneficial information to support their students throughout their academic journey.
*Activities might be altered or substituted due to the public health circumstance.
Morning: Saturday at 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Afternoon: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Evening: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
The program serves students who meet one or more of the following criteria: have a "C" or below in Math, Science, English or History, recently immigrated to the United States, qualify for free/reduced lunch, and/or first in their family to attend a college or university in the United States.
Proceed to the Registration Link.
Please click here for the BBF required documents that must be completed by a parent/guardian in order for your child to participate in the program. These forms include:
- Parent Information and Permission Form,
- Publicity Authorization and Permission Form,
- ACPS Parent Consent for Release of Information Form.
Students cannot participate in Building Better Futures until all required forms are completed and submitted and the $20 registration fee has been paid (receipt issued upon payment).
*Students cannot participate in Building Better Futures until all steps are completed*