Without the dedication and enthusiasm of its volunteers, The Campagna Center would not survive. The thousands of volunteer hours logged by community members of all ages and backgrounds benefit the children and adults in our programs in a variety of ways. Every act of generosity plants a seed where new possibilities can bloom.
Our general volunteer opportunities include:
- Long Term Program Opportunities: Our volunteer-based programs, Wright to Read, Building Better Futures, and New Neighbors, are always eager to welcome new volunteers. For more information on each program and how to get involved, please visit their individual program pages:
- Wright to Read: Our K-5 literacy tutoring/mentoring program, Wright to Read, recruits, trains, and matches new Tutor/Mentors year-round. Tutor/mentors are asked to work with their mentee for at least one year, but many of these relationships last 3 years or longer. If you are interested in sharing the gift of literacy, click here to learn more information about the program and to apply. https://www.campagnacenter.org/programs/elementary-level#WTR
- Building Better Futures: Building Better Futures is an after- school program serving high school students studying at T.C. Williams High School in the City of Alexandria, Virginia. We help students achieve post-secondary success by removing barriers they face in their academic performance as well as prepare them for college and the workforce. Throughout the school year, we offer tutoring sessions, twice a week, focusing on core subjects including Math, Science, English, and Social Studies. You can volunteer with us as a tutor for any of the given subjects. Click on the link to learn more: https://www.campagnacenter.org/programs/high-school
- Want to know about volunteering with our BBF Program? Watch this video!
- New Neighbors: New Neighbors ELL is an adult English learning program serving refugees and immigrants in our community. We have two semesters each year and each semester is about 14 weeks long. Our classes meet 3 times a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 9 :30 am to 12 pm. We recruit volunteer teachers to work with our students. You do not have to be available three days a week. All volunteers work in groups on a rotating schedule. Click on the link to learn more: https://www.campagnacenter.org/programs/adults
- Want to know about volunteering with our NN Program? Watch this video!
- Program opportunities: Classroom program opportunities have been impacted by increased regulations, including required background checks, fingerprints, and TB tests. As such, classroom volunteer opportunities are limited to special events such as Lights on Afterschool, Multicultural Day, End of Year Celebrations, and more. If you are interested in volunteering for these events and activities please click here to learn more!
- Administrative opportunities: We need volunteers to perform administrative tasks such as data entry, filing, and assisting with mailings and special projects. For these opportunities, availability between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekdays is preferred.
- Externship Mentors/Placement: Our highschool program, Building Better Futures provides a one week job shadowing externship to the active students in the program. Do you have or know of a local organization who would be willing to host a student? Please contact Lizzie Liu for more information!
Please fill out the volunteer application here. Once you have filled out the application please return to Erica Arriaga.
If you have filled out the volunteer application or have any questions on how you can volunteer with The Campagna Center, please contact Erica Arriaga at email@example.com.